There are many different types of hotels - and they have very different parameters. We will look at them together. We will start with the most visible parameter - number of stars. (Minimum size of a room is given for single/double bed.)
- Hotel with one star (one-star hotel) - Tourist class: Size of the rooms is 8/12,6 square meter, there is a towel, mirror, cold water in the room, hot water in a shower on the same floor. You will see there a reception and one public phone. You can get there a continental breakfast.
- Hotel with two stars (two-star hotel) - Standard class: the most important differences from one star hotel - there is hot water in the room, a writing desk, a bedside lamp, a bottle opener and a drinking glass. You can buy there lunch, dinner and drinks.
- Hotel with three stars (three-star hotel) - Comfort class: Size of the rooms is 9/13 square meter, there is a case desk and a lockbox. 90 percent of rooms have its own bathroom, 75 percent a telephone. There is a bath towel in the bathroom and a bath rug (at the shower).
- Hotel with four stars (four-star hotel) - First Class: Size of the rooms is 11,4/13,3 square meter, there is a mirror in the room. All rooms have its own bathroom and WC, radio, television and telephone. There is haberdashery, stationery, paper napkins and a shoehorn. The hotel offers washing and ironing of your clothes, breakfasts are in the buffet form.
- Hotel with five stars (five-star hotel) - Luxury class: Size of the rooms is 15/24 square meter, there is a three-piece suite and hairdresser desk. 80 percent of rooms has a bath-tub. Every guest has its own wash-basin, there is a hair dryer and a safe. You can organize a banquet and a feast here.
Some hotels from the lower classes offer better services. Sometimes you can hear about hotels with more stars - six or seven stars - but it is a marketing of some exotic places. And you should know one more thing about the accommodation parameters: Apartment offers more than one room, there is a small cookery place. Bungalow is a separate building, inside it is similar to an Apartment. Studio has one room with a small cookery place. Suite means two hotel rooms of high standard - without cookery.